Thank you for taking the time to read this page. It covers all you need to know about delivery options, times etc.
1 . ORDERS LEAVE US ON TUESDAYS and FRIDAYS….this includes EXPRESS Orders.
2. WE SEND OUT ORDERS TWICE A WEEK. On Tuesday and Friday mornings. Cut off time for orders is MONDAY 4.00pm EST and THURSDAY 4.00pm. So, for example you place your order on Saturday, it will leave us on TUESDAY. If you place your order Monday at 7.00 pm, it will leave us on FRIDAY. Due to public holidays (National and Victorian specific ), orders will ship on next available shipping day being either a Tuesday or Friday.
3 . WE SUPPLY our products to Australia only. We do not offer wholesale or quantity discounts. Our prices are set to provide the best price to all buyers.
4. WE DO NOT allow for order pick-up under any circumstances, this includes your courier service.
Express shipping is available at check out. Please note, many of our products do NOT qualify for EXPRESS. Such as : Any type of confetti cannon, colour powder blasters, flash cotton etc. Individual product pages will advise accordingly. If you chose express for these products it will delay your order while we get in touch to ship your order by Standard Shipping.
5. Our Couriers do not deliver to PO BOXES, PARCEL LOCKER, PARCEL COLLECT.
6. PAYMENT is accepted by PayPal, Mastercard, Visa and Amex. We do not offer invoicing, credit terms, nor do we accept School Orders – schools should use their school credit card to order online.
7. DELIVERY TIMES As we are not the delivery company we cannot give exact delivery time. The Effects Shop cannot take responsibility for late delivery caused by freight carriers as this is outside our control. Our Delivery Partners cannot confirm/guarantee delivery on any shipment. Title and risk of loss to all Products will pass to you on delivery. Couriers will not phone you to advise they are delivering. If you are in a gated community or other complex requiring passcodes for entry, please advise in the comment section when ordering. If you address IS A SHOP FRONT BUSINESS please include the business name/Shop number. While we do everything we can to ensure your order is delivered in a timely manner, we will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by any person as a result of delay caused by our carrier or by any event which is out of our reasonable control, including but not limited to any delay caused by shipping delays, peak demand etc. If you have not received your order after 4 days of the expected delivery date as above, the first thing to do is to contact US and not the courier company. We have processes in place that are not available to you as the receiver. Please contact us via EMAIL with delivery address, name of receiver and our order number.
8. STANDARD DELIVERY TIMES These approximate delivery times are from our shipping date, not when you place the order. These are business days and do not include weekends or public holidays.
Geelong/Melbourne 2-5 days, Country Victoria 4-10 days, Major East Coast Centres, TAS, SA most areas 4 – 7 days, Country NSW, SA, Remote Qld, 7 -10 days. WA 10-14, NT 14+ days. Please note…..2-5 days does not mean you will get your delivery in 2 days. You MAY, but we say 2-5 days as we are NOT the courier company and have to estimate the time frame.
GEELONG REGION ONLY – In addition to the above, we also have a PRIORITY SERVICE for ATL, Standard, Signature which offers delivery in 1/2 the time of above times —- 1-2 business days from shipping date.
At checkout you have the following options:
AUTHORITY TO LEAVE (ATL) As part of this service, the courier will leave the parcel in a safe place at the delivery address if available. If unable to leave in a safe place, the parcel will be directed to the nearest Parcel Connect agent. You will be notified via the tracking page. You agree that the parcel is deemed received when left at your premises as shown by the delivery courier’s tracking and indemnify The Effects Shop and its couriers against any claim for loss and / or damage relating to any freight item so left.
STANDARD For Standard deliveries, couriers will obtain a signature from the receiver when possible. If you are not available they will leave the parcel in a safe place at the delivery address if possible. If unable to leave in a safe place, the parcel will be directed to the nearest Parcel Connect agent. You will be notified via the tracking page.
SIGNATURE Our Signature delivery service requires our couriers to obtain a signature from the receiver. If that’s not possible, the parcel will be redirected to the nearest Parcel Connect agent. You will be notified via the tracking page.
9. EXPRESS DELIVERY TIMES Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide 2-3 days but usually quicker. Qld 3 -4 days, Tasmania 4-7 days. Perth 7 days. Anywhere outside Perth and major suburbs 10 days. Country areas in all states except remote areas 4-7 days. REMOTE AREAS 7 – 12 Days even by Express. These times are from our shipping date, not when you place the order, and times are as advised by our Couriers, but not guaranteed.
10. FREIGHT AND HANDLING All goods delivered within Australia incur a freight and handling charge which is area and service dependent. Freight Charges are automatically calculated at checkout depending on delivery postcode and service level chosen.
11. HOTEL/MOTEL DELIVERY We do not ship to hotels, motels, resorts, or other temporary addresses.
12. LIABILITY Subject to the provisions of this clause, to the extent permitted by law:
- We will not be liable for any indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind suffered or incurred by you; and
- We limit our liability to the replacement, or replacement cost and the delivery cost, of the relevant goods at our option.
14. HOW DO I KNOW MY ORDER HAS SHIPPED? Once your order is confirmed by email it is processed by our warehouse. The items are packaged in a satchel or box with your packing slip. Your package is collected from us by our couriers. We will send you a confirmation email as soon as you place your order. If you do not received tracking after 48 hrs, excluding holidays/weekends. please contact us via EMAIL.
15. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ORDER GETS LOST IN TRANSIT? If after requesting proof of delivery via our courier partners, and this cannot be provided (eg photo/signature), we will submit an insurance claim on your behalf. This can take up to 30 days. The Effects Shop will not reship or refund your order until the claim payment has been made.
16. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ITEMS ARE DAMAGED? In the event that any goods in your order arrives damaged in any way, please EMAIL US a soon as possible , with you order number and name and a photo of the item’s condition and a photo of the package. We address these on a case-by-case basis but will try to work towards a satisfactory solution.
17. WHAT HAPPENS IF AN ITEM IS MISSING FROM MY ORDER? If in the rare chance we have missed an item off your order we will arrange to have a replacement sent straight away, subject to being able to get your delivery to you in time. We are restricted by shipping methods for certain products. Please contact us via EMAIL
18. WHAT HAPPENS IF I RECEIVE AN INCORRECT ITEM? If you receive an incorrect item on your order, please contact us straight away via EMAIL and we will arrange for the correct item to be sent to you. Subject to being able to get your delivery to you in time. We are restricted by shipping methods for certain products.
19. UNSUCCESSFUL DELIVERY Submitting an order online is making a contract to purchase those items. We will not refund any customer for their order when a parcel is “returned to sender” due to it being unclaimed or not delivered or where by a customer has incorrectly entered the wrong address. We will either resend the parcel at customers own expense, or if the product is still in saleable condition and not a custom mix (eg confetti cannons) , return it to stock, subject to a 20% restocking fee or $25.00 whichever is greater, plus the cost of return to us via the courier and the original shipping cost, which can be at a higher cost that we charged you.